Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Let's Begin Again

I am so happy for the New Year to be here. Time to reorganize, reconnect and reconsider!

Reorganize my life...finances...time...pantry...closet...garage(yuck)! I have done the finances, pantry, and closet... those are easy and I enjoy it. However... the time and garage is another matter entirely. I am working on the time, but the garage caved in on its self. I told Dan the other night that I just was going to start parking in the front because once I got in the garage with the Jeep I must have gained weight, because I couldn't get in and out and around the Jeep! He was very silent! lol I know you are laughing! So am I! ... I don't really know if he was silent because of the "weight" comment, or the fact that I was griping about the garage! Anyway I came home last night to find the garage reorganized. It was soooo great! Plenty of room on every side! Course I have lost 4 pounds too!

Reconnect with friends... we have so many friends and family we have been close to at one time or another, and seems like we have become disconnected from many of them. I am happiest around my friends, and a few in particular just make me a better person! I hope you all have that some special friend that you just want to be with, because they make you feel better about yourself!

Reconsider my goals... so many goals that I have had in life are now accomplished, and I must move on into a new time of life with new goals and ambitions. I look back and see where I have come from and think, "My goodness how in the world?" I look ahead then and know I can make it. After all I have come this far! God is so good and faithful. It is by His grace that we can continue on through any struggles, we can overcome, we will perservere!

Anyway... it is such a good feeling to have things in order, clean and ready to start again! You find things you never knew you lost, you get new ideas, create new outfits, replenish your pantry with fresh spices and try new recipes... Its just very fun for me when the new year begins. I hope you are all enjoying the same excitement as I am to begin again. I am reminded right now of the scripture that says..."His mercies/blessings are fresh and new each morning".I have recommitted to prayer and the Bread Chart to help me discipline myself to daily bible reading, and already feel so much closer to the Lord. I came to work this morning and knelt down... and He was right there to meet me. Such a sweet presence of the Lord filled my office. I am so glad He loves me so unconditionally. Last year and all my mistakes and failures are passed, He has forgotten them, and has given me another fresh clean slate for 2009. I pray I make good use of it this year. I am committing to blogging more frequently this year and pray the words are a source of encouragement to you. If you have not already gotten in the New Year spirit, maybe my thoughts will encourage you to BEGIN AGAIN! Its a great feeling!

No comments: