Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Being An Inspiration

Was told just a day or so back that God was using our circumstances and us in ways we do not understand to lead others! Well guess I'd better get out the old 2x4s and shore up my backbone then! Feeling a little 'Stooped' by the weight! So many of our church families are going through struggles such as this, and many have lost their jobs. They feel destitute with nothing to look forward to. We have the most precious gift that I have just realized as I am typing this... We have something to occupy our thoughts and time, and have a beautiful reminder that life goes on and that this too shall pass! That being a wonderful beautiful daughter, that is marrying an absolutely fantastic amazing man! Thank the Lord for this Wedding that we can concentrate on. Thank God in Heaven that my husband had the foresight to put the money for it aside and that provision for it is made! Wow. What a blessing! My heart is overwhelmed with Gladness and I must stop for a moment to Thank Him...
.....................You KNOW whats going on right now...lol!.....................

Feeling very enlightened!
We have been thinking... what horrible timing... but now I see it more clearly...It is the most perfect timing! We can throw ourselves into the joy of preparing for this day knowing that God will bless this marriage, and use it for HIS glory!

So....I guess if people need to watch us go through this and gain strength I will be a willing vessel! May as well make good use of my 'front and center' position to give Him glory!
People are watching anyway so why not be a strength to them?
I don't want to be one of the wailers, that is not my style anyway... So I shall lift my head high... slap that smile on my face.. at ALL times... rejoice and be glad in HIM! and... this too shall pass... (the storm... not the joy!)

If my daughter could dance so beautifully to the song "Blessed be the Name" at the lowest point of her life... then I can definitely sail through this stormy little breeze! So... here we go.... this is how ya do it...
May be a little bumpy at times, but if you fall, you get back up again and laugh about it! Regardless of the bloody knee! You LAUGH... YOU SQUEEZE JOY out of every moment! You refuse the ... "mullygrubs" ... and you get on with the business of Worshiping your King!

We are not alone... we have a PROVIDER who walks with us! 4 people have spoken to us about doors! Now I know that is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear of someone losing a job... but it is NOT the first thing that comes to mind when you are the one having lost it! The reminder was perfect timing. Sis. Stanley spoke to me of a door an hour after this lay off happened! One person told us that God showed them that He needed to close one door in order for us to walk through the better door He has prepared for us! Now we just have to find that door... eh.... ever been in a maze full of doors, or a maze of funny mirrored walls... that is what is like... so it's an adventure... here we go... Wheeeeee! See you on the other side.... and When God steps on board.. your boat is already on the other side of the storm!
I need to end this rambling of thoughts but they are coming fast and furious!
Thank you God for INSPIRING me and leading the way out of this maze!

1 comment:

Keith and Carla said...

Keith & I have found out about major storms here recently. We also have found out how our wonderful God can see you through and even though it doesn't seem He is there or that you can really feel Him, you learn to walk by faith and not by sight. It's during these times you feel yourself on the Potter's wheel and just have to learn to yield, give up all of yourself to whatever God is wanting to do to you. Y'all are in our prayers. Love you!