Thursday, March 21, 2013

I Can't Be Robbed of My Security!

As I was praying this morning and thanking God for his SAVING GRACE, I felt compelled to write the words I found myself praying and use them for my blog.  The ONLY REAL peace or security is in Him alone. If we have our hope in this world only, we are of all men most miserable.  Our security, our hope, all that we can really trust is all wrapped up in God, His Name -  Jesus, and His Word and the power and life that comes from Him alone.

  As some of you may know, our precious son ( I am dropping the in-law part, I hate it as it somehow implies that he is less than my daughter to me. That is not the case!) manages a bank in Mississippi.  Yesterday around 11:am his branch was robbed at gunpoint by two angry masked men. I won't go into all the details of that, but a gun was held at his chest and the men were angry and frustrated at him for sounding the alarm. When that happens to you there is no time or place for anything but  to call upon God.  He was forced to the ground and Shelly said he was certain he was going to die. In that moment, his prayer was "God you have to help me out of this!" -

This was what I found myself praying this morning - You are my Hope, You are All that I need!
I thank you, Lord for this day that you have given us to walk and work for you. I thank  for your peace and safety. I thank you for your security, and that our family is intact today. I thank you for Donna and Keith who taught their son to trust in you and call upon you when in trouble. I thank you for your mighty hand upon him and that you have called him and anointed him to spread your great gospel. I thank you for the great faith and patience that guides him and saved him to be able to rise up this morning and bless you and his branch and all those fearful employees. May your hand of peace rest upon every security guard, every single employee that is there and may you flow through Josh to touch each and every one of them.  I thank you for every battle and every tear that brought him and Shelly together. I thank you that you taught them how to fight! I know that together they are a mighty force of FAITH and STRENGTH that the enemy would like to stop!  I am thankful you have ALL power over heaven and earth and there is NO weapon formed against them that shall prosper and NO enemy that can come against them that will win!  I am so thankful that we have you to turn to in ANY situation.  Thank you for being their Comforter when their parents cannot be there. You are their Heavenly Father and You are ALWAYS with them. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are our rock, our fortress, our deliver, our keeper. You are THE GREAT I AM, Whatever we need you to be you are there.  I thank you for the security we have in you, your name, and that our words of thanksgiving and trust do not fall on deaf ears. 

Thank you Lord for the exact moment in time that you rescued Josh from the hand of the enemy.  You were right there and know the thoughts that guided the hand of that gun, and YOU RESCUED HIM.  Thank you Lord, for all the things you were to him yesterday.  Thank you for that peace that passes all understanding.  YOU ALONE are our shield!  YOU ALONE are our SECURITY!  In moments like this there is no time or place to go for any weapon to ensure our security other than the almighty powerful name of JESUS and before we even call upon you, you are right there in an instant changing the course of our life.  You ALONE have us completely in your hand.  There is none like you.

 I am so grateful for every step of this life you have led us down.  I trust you with ALL.  Thank you for the path even though sometimes I don't like where it looks like I am going, YOU ALWAYS KNOW WHATS BEST FOR ME!  Lead me Jesus, I will go WHEREVER YOU LEAD, or I will STAY WHEREVER YOU LEAD!  For every mountain, you've brought me over, for every trial, you've seem me through, for this I give you praise.  I praise you from the mountaintop, I praise you on my way down into the valley!  I will follow you wherever you lead because I KNOW in whom I have believed.  I know that ALL things work together for good to them that love the Lord and are the CALLED! I cannot praise you enough, I cannot find the words that suffice to express the gratitude I feel for you today1 Oh Lord, my strength and my redeemer. MY HOPE!

1 comment:

Pam Holcomb said...

Wow! What an experience! I'm so glad God spared his life. I'm also googling bullet proof vests. #nervousBreakdown