Tuesday, February 3, 2009

More.

A thought has been running back and forth around my mind all day which I am sharing right now in the hopes that others will be inspired as well. We sing the song.. "All I ask you Lord,... is for MORE!" More of your spirit, more of your power.....etc... I love this song and it is one of my prayers, but as I have been praying and singing it the last few days it seems that the Lord is looking down on me saying....If you will give me MORE.. I will give you MORE! We must do more for the Kingdom. We get so busy doing the things of the "church" that we overlook the things of God! His heart is opened when we do MORE for Others. It is Others that we must reach out to, but it is not enough that we reach out... we must touch them, and allow the spirit to change them. I feel God calling me to do MORE, and my flesh looks up and says ... MORE??? While in my spirit I shake my head yes and say "Yes, More"! May more of your spirit flow through me to others so that I can do MORE for to reach the Lost! In order for more of His spirit to flow through me ... I must pray MORE... Read His Word more. Last night we had a party for Shelly and our Outreach Director was there. He cannot sit long without talking about doing MORE! As I watched His excitement for souls he literally sat up on the edge of his seat at PF Chang and His eyes flashed with excitement as he began to share things that God had quickened within Him. He is wanting to do More... and that excitement was spread to everyone at the table... I could feel us as a group... thinking... we can do MORE! Then later on that night at home we were sharing events of the Leadership Retreat with Josh and he began to tell us of a Bible Study he had participated in last week with 6 homeless men.. Again I watched as He sat up on the edge of his seat and His eyes began to flash with excitement. I can see that God is calling the younger generation of ministers into a place not yet journeyed, into a place where they are willing to do the uncommon things, a place where the flesh is denied and the spirit takes over. A place of giving MORE! And I am so excited to be right in the middle of that journey. so.. MORE LORD we give you more of our time, Lord more of our worship, more of our commitment to reach out and touch and change lost, weary hungry people who are looking for a friend to show them a better way to live life. We will do MORE... to reach them with the Good News! We give you more Lord so that you can change MORE lives!

No comments: