Wednesday, February 25, 2009

When He Holds Me


Listening to the song this morning while praying I was reminded of something I heard a few days ago. A commentary was talking about how when we hold a small child or baby, not only is the child comforted, but so is the one doing the holding. To be rocked in the gentle arms of Jesus is a feeling beyond comparison, but just imagine how He must feel when we choose to linger there! Whenever I have held a baby and they are squirming and not comfortable for what ever reason, I try to comfort them in all the ways I know how. Usually there is a position, or a method of bounching, or something that will calm and quiet the baby! When the baby calms down and snuggles into position and becomes quiet, then I feel such a sense of accomplishment, a feeling of peace, a feeling of being needed, and loved! So today in prayer, after I finished my squirming, and crying and got to a place where I was very calm and quiet, I lingered there, just allowing the Lord to rock me in His arms, and release all my fears and concerns! I was certainly blessed, but I know He was too, I know that I honored him by staying in His arms a little longer than usual because I wanted Him to know I appreciated all He did to get me to that moment! He is my Heavenly Father and there is no greater feeling of love than "When He Holds Me!"

No comments: